We were recommended to try BBC by Balinese friends. If I could rate this property a ten I would! The service is impeccable, Maha, deserves special mention!
A tremendous place to relax and refresh!
The food is tremendous with fresh seafood daily.
I wouldn’t recommend this resort for Westerners. It’s very geared to the Russian clientele and not a friendly place for others.
Gorgeous accom, views to die for, great pool, friendly and very accommodating staff, nice reef
The not so good:
Menu quite boring, need more variety. Soft drinks limited.
Very isolated. Very geared towards Russian guests who seemed to get priority and were unfriendly and rude to be around.
Wouldn’t stay again unless was with large group who could take over the facility.
My friends and I stayed here while staying in Bali. This was one of our favorite places during our entire stay in Indonesia. The staff was SO accommodating and helpful. We felt like we were constantly being taken care of. The food was also incredible. We were able to have fresh caught fish from the morning for dinner in the evenings. Very relaxing atmosphere with so many amenities (yoga mats, work out area, trx straps, weights, massage tables, paddle boards, and kayaks, scuba gear to rent out). Perfect spot for yoga on the black sand beach during the quiet mornings listening to the sound of the waves.
The room itself was gorgeous and was very clean. We were a group of 4 and had plenty of space for everyone! We stepped right outside of the room to the ocean front.
During our stay we also ran into a local guy named Potok who was so generous and offered to play his guitar for us while having a beach bonfire that evening. Him and his friends were amazing singers and surprisingly new so many classic songs that we all knew!
Really made the experience.
Definitely recommend this place for anyone in the area.
This hotel exceeded my expectations. Beautiful pool, awesome environment for family or friends. Breakfast is included and is super tasty. The staff are super kind, some of them aren’t fluent in English but they try really hard to understand and be helpful. I had a massage for IDR 150,000 which is around $10 and it was awesome, the spa has ocean view or you can have your massage outdoors. We ordered for dinner one of the specialities and was a grilled mahi mahi, we were 5 and it was more than enough for all of us plus it was delicious. The Nasi goreng is pretty tasty. I highly recommend this hotel.
Just give you the facts, you decide if it's right for you:
- No mosquito nets. Ceilings are about 3m high making it difficult to kill one if in room.
- Limited hot water. Personal water heating unit above shower. If sharing the room with a family member or loved one and they have a hot shower for say 15 minutes, you may need to wait some time until the next batch of hot water is ready.
- Two mornings in a row there was NO water at all, be it tap basin, toilet or shower. Limited water did return some time after probably 8:30am with normal water access returning some time after that. Why? I have no no idea. Probably a local council issue.
- Water pressure in general is not great.
- Occasional weird pipe noises not related to our personal water usage.
- Bed was average with a medium firmness, pillows okay but not great.
- TV is okay, maybe 32" but far enough away that watching TV in bed not a great experience.
- Website stated there would be a private bath on balcony, there was not.
- That's another point... crap website, really not informative or helpful. For a resort open 5 years or more, very poor.
- Most staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. Overall English ability is very limited however, with just two maybe three reasonably fluent. However... they all don't have your best interest at heart. I digress...
- When requiring the staff assistance to call a taxi for return journey to Ubud (market rate 450K-500K) as our arranged driver cancelled, the Bondalem Beach Club staff member quoted us 700K. We eventually managed to arrange privately a taxi for fair value and upon telling the Bondalem Staff member we did not require their taxi, the expression of the staff member was akin to being emotionally devastated. Not happy for us, but sad for himself for I suspect he would not be able to skim maybe 150K-200K into his own pocket and likely divide among the other staff.
- The resort grounds are beautiful, with lovely well kept gardens, very nice pool with toys for kids or grownups. They have snorkeling equipment AND reef shoes too which I highly recommend as beach and sea is very rocky with some dead coral so important to protect feet.
- Meals are simple but well done, reasonably priced. This includes the beverages including cocktails also.
- There are board games, books and DVD's for your entertainment. Internet WiFi is reasonable as well.
- A beautiful part of the world, though quite isolated. Getting around or seeing the local area can be challenging due to limited taxi availability, and in general most likely nothing you had not already seen on your drive to Tejakula.
- Any more than $US90/night and I don't feel you will find value here.
Would not stay again. If your objective is Mt.Batur, just do a day trip from Ubud.